Friendship Day

"Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt 

Before I write anything, I wish all of you, "Happy Friendship Day," I do not have much ideas about the history and antique about this all-important day and for those who know is fine but those who are like me, I am sure that if you peruse this link http://www.theholidayspot.com/friendship/history.htm, you will be in a better position to get used to with the information regarding the day. Take time to browse it.
The Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary defines friend as; 'A person who you know well and who you like a lot, but who is usually not a member of your family.' I define friend as the one with whom we share everything openly and confidently and who is genuinely kind. I  supportively believe in the statement, 'A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future and accepts you just the way you are,' so beautiful!

Everybody can make friends with everybody but there are several values those must be kept in our minds while choosing friends because friends are the closest people that we will be with in our maximum percentage of life. Besides, they are both parents and teachers, who will be guiding us and teaching us. Benevolent friends guide us to gleaming path and teach us positiveness while malevolent friends take us to the prison of misery. So the choices are ours and the results we have will be theirs, take advantages of your choices and make good choices.

Friends have been playing ballsy role for the betterment of my life and it's only because of my true choices and their all-time-supports and every-time-encouragements that I have been able to do best in all the departments of my challenging life. Without them, I would have been just like a, 'Loafer in the Desert of Lost Hope,' or should I say, 'a twig being washed hither and thither by the waves of the sea.'

I have grown up through my friends learning and doing together. Life without friends is lifeless because I still remember the feelings that I felt complete loneliness and isolation when I joined the primary school for the first time, but it was of great difference after having been able to make friends. I still have those memories of playing marbles in the dusty ground in which we even forgot to eat our meals and how our nostrils used to get filled up by dusty dusts. Going to river for a swim and catching fishes, running away from forest people has always pleased me when I get to remember it. Playing footballs, swinging from the tree branches during lunch time and going late to the class, getting scold from the teacher, are awesome memories I have buried deep in my heart.

I can still share you about our class room atmosphere and attribute, how we used to climb on the tables and act like senseless beings in the absence of teachers, teasing girls and feeling loved with their smiles, copying home works within no time, going against the captain and making fun of him, writing on the board and throwing besmeared duster to friends, taking nap and doing nothing, asking questions and solving doubts among ourselves, were most interesting things we ever had during our togetherness.

As quoth by William Penn Treaty with the Indians, "The friendship between you and me, I will never compare to a chain; for that rains might rust, or the falling tree might break," friends like you have pierced my heart and designed it for the survival of obstacles and hardships. I wholeheartedly owe you for bringing rainbows out of sun and rain and converting butterflies out of tiny caterpillars. Your presence in my life have been incomparable and irreplaceable.

On this Happy Friendship Day, I thank you so much for what you have bestowed me with.

11 comments :

My Instagram

Copyright © THOUGHTFOLIO. Designed by OddThemes